Learn how to work clay into pottery of all types and uses.
Our pottery and ceramics classes include:
- Working with Clay
- Understanding types of Clay
- Hand-built pottery
- Wheel Thrown Pottery
- Low-fire decorative pottery
- High-fire useful pottery
- Glazing Techniques
- How to Paint Pottery
The Pottery Wheel Experience Class:
Come throw some clay… on the wheel that is! You can experience the joy of ceramics in this weekly class for beginners and experienced potters!
In this class you will explore working with clay and learn the basics of wheel thrown pottery which includes the following:
- Demonstration of the wheel process each week
- Practice centering and wedging clay
- Experimentation with different pottery types
- Learn how to make useful food-safe stoneware as well as decorative sculpture pieces
- Understand different glazes and glazing techniques
Take one class or come back as often as you like to gain knowledge… No commitment, No project completion, No expectations! Just fun practice!
- Ages 9 and up
- Dates: Every Saturday 10:00am – 12:00pm
- Cost: $35 per class or Choose 4 class dates for 10% discount!
- Supplies Needed: Basic Materials included for one project. Additional clay and supplies available for purchase as needed.
The Potter’s Wheel for Beginners
Learn the basics of wheel thrown pottery in this introductory class for ages 8 and up!
Students learn how to work with clay and all the different types and textures to create a cup, bowl, or decorative sculpture project. This 8-week course includes exploration study and project creation from start to finish including glazing and firing of the final project to take home!
- Ages: 8 and up
- Dates: Wednesdays at 6:00-8:00pm on dates listed.
- Supplies Needed: Includes 25 lbs. of clay and 8 hours of practice time (during open workshop hours) Students should come prepared to get dirty and wear old clothes and bring an old towel along.
- Instructed by: Jason Farnsworth
- *Pre-registration required. Minimum 3 students to run class.
#artclass #pottery #kids #teens #adults #seniors